- 3 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of flax seeds, mixed with 2 1/2 tablespoons of water
- 1 1/2 cups of green lentils, cooked
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of Italian seasoning (basil + dried oregano)
- 1/4 cup of fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste (about 1/4 teaspoon of each)
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat. At the same time heat the oven to 190 degrees and lay a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- As soon as the pan heats up, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil, shallots and garlic there. Fry for 2-3 minutes, or until golden, then remove from heat and turn off the flame.
- Add the flax seeds and water into a blender or food processor, whisk and leave for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the cooked lentils, 1 teaspoon of oil, roasted garlic and onion, Italian seasoning, parsley, tomato paste, salt and pepper. Grind to near homogeneity, leaving a light texture.
- Try and season to taste. The consistancy should be similar to the dough. If it is too wet, add oatmeal or breadcrumbs.
- Form balls of the mass. You should get about 12-13 pieces. Put them on the baking sheet.
- Gently heat the pan over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon of oil and half the balls. Fry for 4-5 minutes until golden brown, turning the balls.
- Return to the baking sheet and repeat the process with the remaining half. Then bake in te oven for 10-15 minutes and serve.
Total cooking time: 30 minutes